Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sinister – Movie Review

In “Sinister”, an author finds some murder footage after he moves into a home where a gruesome slaying and puzzling kidnapping occurred.  Then he starts to experience strange, terrifying things.  Is he going crazy?  Are the bizarre happenings the work of poltergeists?  Or is there more to these film images than what meets the eye?

The movie started slow, but as soon as I saw that weird face, I was hooked.  Furthermore, it has an original plot and some truly frightening moments.  Like that ending; that was totally unexpected!

A disquieting side note:  When I first saw the lead male actor, I knew that was Ethan Hawke, even though I’m not familiar with his movie roles.  I didn’t even know he was in this picture…

No comments:

Post a Comment