Thursday, September 20, 2012

Candy Bowls

I love candy.  Unfortunately, our animated candy bowl died on us.

Waving-hand, talking candy bowl
I loved that hand.  It breathed its last almost 3 weeks ago.  I turned it on, and as it waved down, its rubbery, off-white, decaying fingers slid out of the plastic hand.

 
When I told my brother about it, he looked astonished and said, “What happened?  It was fine the last time I looked!” 

Those battery-operated devices don’t seem to last too long.  I bought it two years ago.  Before that, I had a green-hand candy dish, but it ceased to function after 1 year.

Enter the new candy bowl.

Orange spiderwebbed punch bowl
Sadly, it doesn’t touch us as we grab our candy, or repeat Halloween phrases.  But at least it won’t break down.

No comments:

Post a Comment