Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Two in the Hole

On Saturday, I finished a horror book called “The Tribe”, by Bari Wood.  It answers the question of why clay was found both at a World War II concentration camp and a murder site 35 years later.

I thought it would be good because of the chilling cover, not to mention that Stephen King recommended it.  Unfortunately, except for a few tense scenes, it wasn’t too scary.  I’m disappointed.

On Monday, I saw a new (for me) movie called “Sorority Row”.  The plot sounds familiar…A sorority sister is accidentally killed and the others decide to cover it up.   Then, one by one, they (and anyone else in the way) are murdered by a hooded executioner.

This one is surprisingly scary.  Some of the death scenes are startlingly original (like when one of the girls gets a bottle rammed down her throat).  I screamed more than once.

One out of two isn’t bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment