Monday, September 17, 2012

Misgivings Day Weekend

We had cooler temperatures here for Misgivings Day (inspired by Ghoul Friday) weekend.

On Saturday, we drove to the cider mill and bought 1 dozen each of the powered and cinnamon sugar donuts, and 1 gallon apple cider.  I also purchased chocolate-nut, vanilla, and maple-nut fudge. 

On Sunday, I bought 2 Halloween t-shirts and a flameless LED wax candle, with spooky sounds, from Meijers.  I was thinking about the Halloween mat with the scream sounds, but I didn’t have the money for it (Boo!).




Afterward, I saw a horror movie called “The Changeling”.  George C. Scott is excellent as a bereaved man who moves into a haunted house, where he is confronted by a 70-year old mystery.

I first saw this picture on a RCA disc player (Does that date me?).  It was especially chilling when the ball bounced down the stairs, and then popped up again after John got rid of it.  I also liked the dizzying way the camera moved rapidly through the hall when John asked “How did you die?” after the séance.  Besides that, the ghost’s temper tantrum was pretty scary.  That is one nasty ghost!

Yeah, this weekend was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment